- December 10, 2017
- Posted by: Labour Together for Adamsdown
- Category: Latest News
Cardiff Council’s Meals on Wheels service will deliver to customers over the festive bank holidays for the first time.Customers of the service can now enjoy a hot, nutritious meal delivered to their homes on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
The Council has been delivering Meals on Wheels to vulnerable people across the city since 1978 and relaunched with fresh new brand earlier this year.
Customers that meet one of the following criteria can receive the service:
– Having difficulty preparing a meal safely
– Liable to self-neglect or would eat an inappropriate diet without the service
– Unable to shop for food
– Have a mental or physical disability
– Needing support due to recovery from hospitalisation or illness; carer illness or holiday, or bereavement.
The affordable service caters for people of all ages, not just the elderly and customers can choose when and how often they would like to receive meals. A wide selection of meals, catering for a variety of diets, conditions and cultural choices are available for £3.90 a day for a main meal and £4.50 for a main meal and dessert.
For more information please contact 029 2053 7080 (Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm) or visit: http://bit.ly/2AJTWpA